Monday, March 5, 2012

Spring is in the air...

Shouldn't we feel reinvigorated and ready to conquer the world, now that it's a new spring in our lives?
Spring is here, the slow chilly wind still whispers the remains of the winter, but all these Spring Events (Martisor, Mother's Day), the chirps of the birds, the sun rays knocking timidly the windows and human faces can only share that new-life air we are all in search of. But, then, why do I feel so tired?Why is it that, whenever spring comes, my body fails me and asks more and more for sleep and recovery (like from a long disease)?
So many women's magazines and health articles tell us to eat vegetables, go jogging and forget about the problems...but it isn't that easy, is it?
So I must "ingurgitate" Spring my own way, slowly get used to this and start living just like the others.So here is how I do it:
- I open my eyes and I see there is more light on my pillow than it has ever been (for the past 3 months)
- My coffee smells better even though I bought a cheaper one this time
- It suddenly hits me that I haven't met my friends in a long time and I should consider doing it
- I juggle between being a woman (...flowers are on the way...) and being an employee (...so much work overwhelms me sometimes)
- I read a great book (to keep up the spirits)...just like I can't get enough of SISTER (Rosamund Lupton)-I think this is the perfect time of year when this book should be read, so that one can understand the joys and the chills of the book by sharing the season with the author.It's like an audio book, one reads and the sound it's just outside one's own window, there is snow, and sleet and spring all together...
- I clean the house-this is what's making me feel secure and neat ( a poor struggle to bring these adjectives into my own life)
-I call my family (I miss them more than ever, spring gives it the lost and abandoned shade)and try to make them happy, see them smile and hoping and strong, yelling for those security strings they used to pull in my life.
-I buy presents for my loved-ones
-I dream of long strolls in the streets and ready to swallow the blossomed trees flavour, until the soothing balm of the air gets into my veins and gives me strength to wake up and walk the next day.
-I write (here) as if you reading it can actually bring back the sense of belonging to humanity and force open 21st Century Pandora's box (wonder what can be hidden inside).
-I become...

P.S. Spring is not my favourite season, but it gets me contemplating, maybe even seeing things clearly, so I should thank IT for triggering all that in a woman's mind, shouldn't I? (It definitely beats the high-scores of "how to live..." type of articles)

1 comment:

  1. I smiled throughout the entire post, identifying with each word and feeling. Spring is my favorite season and it fills me up with happiness and a sort of wanderlust I never ever, in any other moment of the year, feel. I suddenly feel this urge of travelling the world on foot to be sure not to miss any of the lovely scented miracles of nature's coming back to life. And I love reading you. Please write a book so that I can buy it!

    ReplyDelete