Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Just another day ...A fun day

What would a fun day look like for you?
It all started after planning an activity for some students.They were asked to fill in a timetable of a day when they only do leisure activities, when they are allowed to HAVE FUN the entire day.
What was the big discovery? Me and my colleague teacher observed that our students timetables were filled with exotic places, creative nature spots and lots of shopping-wise intentions, while our timetables read: "having coffee, sleeping, meeting a friend, relaxing":)
That got me thinking how little we needed to be happy or relaxed, how insignificant actions valued so much for us. And then I remembered once a trainer talked about "tasks or goals prioritizing" and I learned that by means of such a simple task we can actually understand the others better. Basically a simple exercise told so many about the others' goals, style of life, values and dreams.
Try and do this by yourselves:

Now that I have more time to think I tried to imagine a more thorough description of my fun day. So here it is:
08:00- I wake up, it's sunny and warm, a feel somebody close to my heart breathing next to me and I smile
09:00- I finally have my flavored coffee in my small kitchen, looking outside the window, watching the same pigeons that found shelter on the nearby tree: a wonderful acacia hooding my window. 
10:00- I go strolling in the forest and then, why not, have a great picnic (with lots of friends if possible)
15:00 - I go back home, lie down and read a bit just to set the climax for an afternoon nap...
17:00 - ( I am sure I can't prolong the nap enough for a too-busy-person as I can call myself, but I am allowed to dream, aren't I?) There I am ready to go out, see a film, move around...
20:00- Romantic dinner with my husband at the fanciest restaurant in town (Now she comes to her senses, you might say...)
22:00- Still wandering the streets in a summer night, a full moon and a sea of stars waving over us as if the night  had been set on fire and its warriors inhabiting  invisible chariots are now set free in the world...

...and all that should not happen far, but in my Town. Exotic? Not necessarily long distanced, but rather warm and friendly close to the heart.Extreme? Not really bungee jumping, but rather warming up  the same bench, smiling for the same reason, kissing like never before...Entertaining? I let you find the definition for that...


2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't dream of waking up before 10am. I'd go for a coffee with a friend, chat about nonsense, go for a stroll in a park, maybe sit on a bench under a tree, read a book, then see a film or a play, or just sleep some more (not on the bench, of course) and finally, go out with my husband, dinner, a film, maybe some dancing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right! I forgot about dancing...I would love to go dancing too...

    ReplyDelete