Monday, September 3, 2012

Music to my ears...

There are things I really like hearing or listening to. There are so many little things that have become "music to my ears".
Yes, as you might have thought, I love listening to music, good music, old music, romantic and passionate rhythm, a mixture of softness and power, the type of sound Mozart has in his works (for example) or, on the other hand, Janis Joplin. But that's just the beginning...
I have discovered I like the sound of water filling the coffee kettle in the morning and the way  the
teaspoon chirps while stirring the 3/4 milk and 1/4 coffee I am now allowed to drink.
I love my mother's voice at the other end of the telephone line (this is as close as I can get to her these days); she can still bring me back to life and give me some confidence when I stop seeing the silver lining of the dark approaching clouds...
I learned I can sometimes even like my hubby's snoring, especially while trying to work on something in the middle of the night :) (it's not his fault I have this damn insomnia).
I love hearing the word baby/ies (this word has a magical effect on my brain: I suddenly think of my own and even if I get a little worried hoping everything would be fine, I still feel some kind of euphoria like I have just come out from a relaxing massage)
I always enjoy listening to good jokes, written ones or those nice moments I share with my friends and colleagues at work; it's nice to be surrounded by people who can come up with great creative ideas or ways of dodging the narrow-minded stream ...
I like listening to funny good news and sometimes some science news; I am interested in the technological innovations, especially because I can't help admiring the creativity of the modern century scientists; those type of news you can actually learn something from.
I fancy eavesdropping strangers in the street, those fragments of lines people let behind like some trails on the beach sand. It's interesting that you become witness to their private unknown life and you would never find out the outcome of their problems or dreams or plans. You can re-create or guess it, but you will never know for sure. That's when I feel embarrassed thinking of my high pitch voice when walking and talking at the same time, sometimes arguing or naming things and people I shouldn't.
I love listening to my friends and I thank God I have a few good friends I can share my life with.
I am sure the no.1 sound is yet to be discovered: I am definitely eager to hear the sound of my babies, their mumbles, their cries, their happiness and pray their voices fill my life...with some meaning...




No comments:

Post a Comment