Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ode to eslprintables...

                            The first sun rays after such a long winter...Today I received a message from a "colleague" of mine; Croatian, a few funny lines and complimenting each other for the printables uploaded on eslprintables and it got me thinking.
 I knew nothing about this person, but I had an awkward feeling of having known her since...forever.And then (maybe because of the upcoming spring ) I felt I belong to a good world, I knew there is hope and creativity around, that in this globalised realm we are somehow connected through our interests. English teachers all over the world share ideas and ask for advice...I often picture myself inhabiting this site as if in old times only the rich could attend fancy balls.Here everyone needs to show his/her best, or at least tries and everyone actually benefits from this continuous struggle/pleasure to come up with great/innovative ideas.
Moreover I meet my own close friends and I find it funny to search for their own works.It has become a habit already.Wake up early in the morning, wish my husband a good day, inhale the steamy flavor of my coffee and there I am in front of the computer, scrolling down the free printables list of the day...checking for my unknown friends as if reading my best friend's journal.
How wonderful it is to be an English teacher! ( I say , pack my materials and run for work).
                         Sometimes I am grateful to know so many enthusiastic and creative teachers, God, I am surrounded by them :), so even though we suffered so many days of terrible cold, even though we might get soaking wet standing and teaching during the hot summer days, we have each other and we do have a lot of fun.
So this is the bright side of being an English teacher, you get to know "beautiful minds" and you learn how to make your student's days brighter...What more could we wish for?
And one of these "beautiful minds" says : "Look there is fog again!" ....
... I guess spring is postponing her visit...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you >:D< and yes, eslprintables sometimes feels like Sunday lunch with family. And my mornings are very similar: wake up (complain that the alarm went off), make tea, go online, check blogs (mai nou) and check out the new resources on esl. It's like a disease :P

    ReplyDelete