Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New year...every year

Happy New Year everyone!
It's funny to remember all the previous 1st of Januaries... all start with new hopes, new dreams and a strong will to change everything that I have been wanting to change for such a long time.We all dream of something better, something that can offer us the basic needs, love and comfort.
While enlisting all my 2012 to- do things I realized this is the end of the world... I found a site where some crazy people started counting backwards our days on Earth, I could actually see that I have 355 days, I don't know how many days and hours left. Incredible! In the last years I have witnessed the End so many times that I got tired. And why should we be so afraid? If the End comes we all die, and...? Nothing after.
If we are to discuss about the End of the World I guess this should be considered more of a subjective topic, because for me, losing my family, going to my dear ones funerals, losing their warmth and strength is much more dramatic than a generic empty notion that is The End of the World, and I guess I am not the only one.
So, instead of losing hope and cutting loose all the despair in the world, we should be happy and make a long to-do list. Even if 10% of that happens I would be happy, because it means I lived for something and something good happened in my life, each year is different, each year changes something in our souls and the reason they are important is because they belong to us. 1900 has never belonged to me, it hasn't altered my life in any ways because I was not then, but it was a crucial year for my great-grandmother : she was born that year...
We are the ones inhabiting 21st Century and each January is a new beginning. It might be a sad year, but as long as it can be a good one we should hope and dream, fight for the right to be happy and free.
So this is my wish for you all: May you live your life happily and May you find strength and faith to follow your dreams and never give up!
Happy 2012-   And a wonderful life to all the babies born on 1st of January!






No comments:

Post a Comment